Collections are a way to organize and save a group of related images, and are necessary to download your data or to execute Tier 2 workflow jobs. Collections are associated with a user’s personal account (unless manually deleted), and are retained up on your logging out or closing your browser.
- The interface to manage your collections is accessible via the Collections menu option (which also offers various sub-menu options for each collection).
- The approximate size of the contents of the collection is shown for your convenience, as are options to go the details of the Collection.
- You can execute Tier 2 jobs including Download, QuickReduce pipeline, Stacking (SWarp), or use the Export Metadata option to download a Comma Separated Values (CSV) file listing typical metadata header values for the content of your collection.
- The Plot/Analyze option allows you to generate custom plots and charts based on the content of the Collection.
- The Empty, Rename, and Remove options are self-explanatory.
Other Tier 2 workflow options will show up on this sub-menu as and when they are available.
Individual Collection Details View
Clicking on an individual collection from the Collections menu opens up a detailed view of the collection.
- The name and size of the collection are shown on the top, as are counts of different kinds of data products (Raw, Calibrated, MasterCals)
- The content of a collection are grouped on the left hand side by data product type (Raw, Calibrated, MasterCals), then by image type (bias, dark, flats, science objects), and then by filter.
- For the currently selected group of exposures causes detailed metadata, a thumbnail, and Quality Assurance information for each exposure within that sub-group to be displayed.
- Clicking on individual exposures in the listing takes you to the Exposure Details page, while the icon lets you open up the image in Image Explore for further analysis.
- Clicking on the Show Associations option causes information about associated data products to be displayed for each individual exposure. In the screenshot shown below, for a calibrated science exposure, its source raw exposure and the master calibrations applied to it are displayed.
- You can click on one or more check-boxes for the individual exposures if you need to move them to a different collection or remove them altogether.
- Image Type based selection checkboxes: You can select all images of a given type (e.g., science, raw, calibration, etc.) by clicking on the selection menu in the upper-left corner of the page.
- The Collection Action drop-down menu on the top right of the Collection Details page allows you to begin the Download process (or other Tier 2 workflow processes).
Add images to a collection on Search interface
- Search for the exposures of interest on the Search page.
- Select one or more images from your search results by clicking the checkboxes at the beginning of each row in the search results table.
- Click the Selected Rows button, and then from the drop down list of collections, select the collection to which you would like to add the images. The count on that collection, under the Collection menu, should reflect your attempt add exposures.